MIRCERA pre-filled syringe Instructions For Use
The following instructions explain how to use the MIRCERA pre-filled syringe to give yourself an injection.
It is important to read and follow these instructions carefully so that you are able to use the pre-filled syringe correctly and safely.
Do not attempt to administer an injection until you are sure that you understand how to use the pre-filled syringe.
• Only use MIRCERA pre-filled syringeif you have been prescribed with this medication.
• Read the packaging and ensure you have the dose prescribed by your healthcare professional.
• Do not use the pre-filled syringe if syringe, or the plastic tray containing the syringe appears to be damaged.
• Do not use the syringe if the contents are cloudy, hazy or contain particles.
• Never attempt to take the syringe apart.
• Never pull on or handle the syringe by its plunger.
• Do not remove the needle shield until you are ready to perform an injection.
• Do not swallow the medicine in the syringe.
• Do not inject through clothing.
• Never re-use a syringe.
• Do not touch the release clips (see diagram below) as this may damage the syringe and make it unusable.
Keep the syringe and the puncture-resistant/ sharps container out of the reach of children.
Store the syringe in its original box until ready to use.
Always store the syringe in a refrigerator at a temperature of 2 - 8°C (35.6 - 46.4°F).
Do not allow the medicine to freeze, and protect the medicine from light. Keep the syringe dry.
MATERIALS Included in the pack:
A pre-filled syringe of MIRCERA and a separate injection needle
Not included in the pack:
HOW TO GIVE THE INJECTION
Step 1: Allow the syringe to adjust to room temperature
Step 2: Clean your hands
Step 3: Unpack and visually inspect the pre-filled syringe